Pages

Powered by Blogger.

BABETTE'S FEAST (1987, DENMARK)

Sunday, January 20, 2013



80’s movies I forgot to watch the first time around month Post #6

Babette’s Feast

Why haven’t I seen it before?
It certainly got good reviews when it came out. It was also studied quite often (at least the Isak Dinesen short story) at the college library where I worked. It became one of those “I’ll see it eventually movies” that I never got around to seeing.

After viewing: This is a film that starts very slowly. It is about as far to the opposite side of the adrenaline scale from an Indiana Jones movie as you could possibly get and I did have a little trouble getting into the story intially. But I think if the viewer reamins patient, and waits for the servings to come out, Babette's Feast really does beat the hell out of the standard Hollywood burgers and fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading