Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Top 10 Female Performances of All Time

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Did either Oscar vet make my list?

I don't know if I'll review anything this week or not, so here's a list. Updated Oscar predictions are coming in a day or two, and I might post my top 10 male performances list this week as well. Enjoy!

10. Ingrid Bergman, Notorious
Role: Alicia Huberman
Quote: "I guess I'm the girl nobody remembers."
Recognition: Bambi Award win and NYFCC runner-up

9. Nicole Kidman, Eyes Wide Shut
Role: Alice Hartford
Quote: "If you men only knew..."
Recognition: Satellite Award nom
  
8. Elizabeth Taylor, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Role: Martha
Quote: "I swear, if you existed, I'd divorce you. "
Recognition: Oscar and BAFTA wins, Golden Globe nom
  
7. Irene Jacob, Three Colors: Red
Role: Valentine
Quote: "I feel something important is happening around me. And it scares me."
Recognition: BAFTA and Cesar noms
  
6. Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
Role: Edith Piaf
Quote: "I'm just 44. I'm not in the tomb yet."
Recognition: Oscar, BAFTA, Cesar, and Golden Globe wins
  
5. Liv Ullmann, Scenes from a Marriage
Role: Marianne
Quote: "Sometimes it's like husband and wife are talking on telephones that are out of order."
Recognition: BAFTA and Golden Globe noms
  
4. Emily Watson, Breaking the Waves
Role: Bess McNeill
Quote: "Everyone has something they're good at. I've always been stupid, but I'm good at this."
Recognition: Oscar, BAFTA, and Golden Globe noms
  
3. Harriet Andersson, Through a Glass Darkly
Role: Karin
Quote: "It's so horrible to see your own confusion and understand it."
Recognition: BAFTA nom
  
2. Bibi Andersson, Persona
Role: Sister Alma
Quote: "I wonder whether your madness isn't the worst kind."
Recognition: BAFTA nom and NSFC Award win
  
1. Juliette Binoche, Three Colors: Blue
Role: Julie Vignon
Quote: "Now I have only one thing left to do: nothing."
Recognition: Cesar and Venice Film Festival wins, Golden Globe nom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading