Pages

Powered by Blogger.

My Favorite Martian Bloghop

Monday, January 21, 2013


My dear blog buddy Maurice at The Geek Twins, along with L.K. Hill, Jay and Just A Dash of Geek are hosting this super-cool bloghop, called "My Favorite Martian", where we have to to share our favorite movie alien, whether Martian or not. I found the idea to be quite original and creative, so I jumped in with no second thoughts.

Now to the point... There are hundreds if not thousands of aliens in history of cinema, so it was kinda hard to narrow it down to just one. No, actually it wasn't. There's one particular alien that I adored from the first minute I saw it, and that all-time favorite alien of mine is...


Call me crazy, but I honestly think that The Engineers from Ridley Scott's 2012 sci-fi gem "Prometheus" are truly genius creations, and not just in terms of design. They excite me, they scare me, they make me feel small and insignificant, they make me respect them, they might be the fathers of our species... who knows?! I'll try to further explain why The Engineers left such a big impact on me, using very little words and some images, that speak for themselves. At least I hope they do.

Impressive human-like physicality, pale, almost luminous skin, creepy face... if that's not intimidating, I don't know what is.

They created us, and then they realized they made a mistake. I don't blame them. The world that is today kinda proves they did.

Just look at him! Doesn't he scare the crap out of you?
This guy gives me the chills. I'm not joking.

The Engineers exude might and power, and they can easily 
take control over us. I freakin' love that!

© 2012 20th Century Fox. All rights reserved. Prometheus

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading