Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Top 10 Male Performances of All Time

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Did either of these Oscar vets make my list?

Here's my other list. I would like to mention beforehand that one of these performances is driven mostly by effective voiceover work, but it never ceases to amaze me. Hope you like my list!


10. Russell Crowe, L.A. Confidential
Role: Wendell "Bud" White
Quote: "When I was twelve, my old man went after my mother with a bottle. I got in the way."
Recognition: Chlotrudis Award win and Satellite Award nom

9. Jack Lemmon, The Apartment
Role: C.C. Baxter
Quote: "That's the way it crumbles... cookie-wise."
Recognition: Oscar nom, BAFTA and Golden Globe wins
  
8. Robert De Niro, The Deer Hunter
Role: Michael
Quote: "This is this. From now on, you're on your own."
Recognition: Oscar, BAFTA, and Golden Globe noms

7. Al Pacino, Dog Day Afternoon
Role: Sonny Wortzik
Quote: "Tell them to put their guns down!"
Recognition: BAFTA win, Oscar and Golden Globe noms

6. Marlon Brando, On the Waterfront
Role: Terry Malloy
Quote: "Hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you."
Recognition: Oscar, BAFTA, and Golden Globe wins

5. Mathieu Amalric, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Role: Jean-Dominique Bauby
Quote: "Other than my eye, two things aren't paralyzed, my imagination and my memory."
Recognition: Cesar and Lumiere Award wins

4. Denis Lavant, Holy Motors
Role: Mr. Oscar and ten others
Quote: "I'm ready."
Recognition: Chicago International Film Festival win (so far)

3. Gunnar Björnstrand, Winter Light
Role: Tomas Ericsson
Quote: "Grant us peace."
Recognition: None

2. David Thewlis, Naked
Role: Johnny
Quote: "I've got an infinite number of places to go, the problem is where to stay."
Recognition: Cannes Film Festival and NYFCC wins

1. Richard Burton, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Role: George
Quote: "Did you really think I was going to kill you, Martha?"
Recognition: BAFTA win, Oscar and Golden Globe noms

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading