Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Top 30 Albums of 2011

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Instead of writing a lengthy blurb for each of my favorite albums of 2011, instead I will post the album and my favorite track from each album.

Here are my top 30 albums of 2011:

30. Drake-Take Care

"Marvin's Room":


29. Foo Fighters-Wasting Light

"Arlandria":


28. The Horrors-Skying

"Still Life":


27. Kurt Vile-Smoke Ring For My Halo

"Jesus Fever":


26. Iron & Wine-Kiss Each Other Clean

"Kiss Each Other Clean":


25. The Joy Formidable-The Big Roar

"The Greatest Light is the Greatest Shade":


24. Real Estate-Days

"It's Real":


23. Smith Westerns-Dye It Blonde

"Weekend":


22. The Vaccines-What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?

"All In White":


21. Youth Lagoon-The Year of Hibernation

"Afternoon":


20. The Roots-undun

"Make My (featuring Big K.R.I.T.)":


19. Feist-Metals

"A Commotion":


18. Adele-21

"Rolling In the Deep":


17. Peter Bjorn and John-Gimme Some

"Second Chance":


16. The War On Drugs-Slave Ambient

"Baby Missiles":


15. Wilco-The Whole Love

"Art of Almost":


14. Girls-Father, Son, Holy Ghost

"Vomit":


13. Frank Ocean-Nostalgia, Ultra.

"Novocane":


12. Explosions in the Sky-Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

"Last Known Surroundings":


11. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.-It's A Corporate World

"Morning Thought":


10. My Morning Jacket-Circuital

"Outta My System":


9. St. Vincent-Strange Mercy

"Cheerleader":


8. Radiohead-The King of Limbs

"Lotus Flower":


7. Yellow Ostrich-The Mistress

"WHALE":


6. Fleet Foxes-Helplessness Blues

"Helplessness Blues" (also my top song of 2011):


5. Telekinesis-12 Desperate Straight Lines

"Please Ask For Help":


4. TV on the Radio-Nine Types of Light

"Will Do":


3. M83-Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

"Midnight City":


2. Fucked Up-David Comes To Life

"The Other Shoe":


1. Bon Iver-Bon Iver

"Holocene":


































No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Most Reading